WIPRO EARTHIAN- SUSTAINABILITY EDUCATION PROGRAM FOR SCHOOLS: 2022-23
– A Joint initiative of CPR Environmental Education Centre, Chennai & Wipro Foundation, Bengaluru.
Earthian – Sustainability Education Program For Schools In India
C.P.R. Environmental Education Centre – A National Institution engaged in sustainability education
Evolution of earthian
Wipro ‘earthian’ came into being in 2011, out of the strong conviction that building awareness is the first step towards sustainability. The vision of Wipro earthian is rooted in the challenging task that humanity faces – of finding solutions to several sustainability issues like climate change, water 2 scarcity, loss of biodiversity, etc. The project aims at building skills, attitudes and values to shape a sustainable future.
Objectives Of Earthian
The core objectives of Wipro earthian are integrating sustainability education into school curriculum, to critically engage students with sustainability issues through multiple perspectives, driving sustainability thinking and action through the learning process and empowering teachers and learners to drive change in their own contexts and environments. The program is creative in promoting environmental thinking among the school going children (Std. VI to XII) which is highly connected to the curriculum.
Earthian – A Project based innovative methodology for finding out sustainability solutions
The program involves innovative project submissions on sustainability of water, biodiversity and waste by groups of students guided by a teacher. CPREEC with its network in Tamil Nadu, Karnataka, Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, Goa and Andaman & Nicobar Islands promote sustainability activities to enrich children and teachers.
Greater exposure....Wider perspectives...
The Wipro earthian program for schools aims at providing exposure to multiple perspectives, within the students’ peer group and the world around them. There are three thematic areas to explore: biodiversity, water and waste. Student groups may select any of the three themes and work on. (Visit: https://wiprofoundation.org/earthian/school-competition/) The final project submission can be forwarded in a soft PDF form to the state specific email id mentioned in the ‘contacts’
Eligibility to participate in earthian program
- The participation is open to any school in India
- Students from Standard/Grade 6th to 12th are eligible to participate
- Each institution can send any number of entries.
- Students can form (remotely assembled) teams consisting of minimum 2 members and maximum 5 members
- The team will have a teacher as a coordinator/facilitator with primary contribution, ownership, and representation coming primarily from students. Teams should ideally consist of participants across classes/groups from the same school.
- Due to the pandemic conditions, in 2022-23, the individual team members are encouraged to carry out the activities at home/school
surroundings and consolidate it finally with fellow members for the final report. Following the standard operating procedure in force is
mandatory to stay healthy and safe.
- The final project submission should be in soft PDF format and have to be sent to the email Id of the state (see contacts in page 5).
- Last date for project submission is 15 October 2022.
National and Regional Recognition for best entries....
A competent regional / national jury consisting of eminent members with varied experience in academia, research and civil society organizations will select the best entries. The top 20 entries will be awarded Rs.50,000/ (Rupees Fifty Thousand Only) each and citation in a ceremony by the Wipro Foundation, Bengaluru. There is also state/regional recognition of best project submissions with a memento and certificates to the team members. The team members of all the project submission will receive a participation certificate.
The teams can send in their registration form through a ‘Google form link’ to be shared during the orientation workshops. An email with the details of team members, guide faculty, theme selected, school address, contact email and mobile phone number can also be sent to
The Program Coordinator, Earthain Sustainability Education Program, CPR Environmental Education Centre,
- 1, Eldams Road, Alwarpet, Chennai 600018.
- Ph: 91-44-48529990/42081758, Email: email@example.com
- Andaman & Nicobar Islands: firstname.lastname@example.org,
- Andhra Pradesh & Telangana:email@example.com,
- Goa: firstname.lastname@example.org,
- Karnataka: email@example.com,
- Tamil Nadu & Puducherry: firstname.lastname@example.org