1. Preparing curriculum textbooks – As an outcome of the Honourable Supreme Court’s ruling on making environmental studies a compulsory subject at all levels of education, CPREEC has taken up the task of writing textbooks on environmental studies. Our textbooks emphasize on hands-on nature activities and adopt examples from everyday life to enable easy association.
- Environmental Studies for undergraduate students (University of Madras) Environmental Studies for classes I – V (CBSE syllabus) for Allied Publishers Private Limited
- Environmental Science for classes I – V (Matriculation syllabus, Tamilnadu) for Allied Publishers Private Limited
- Environmental Studies for Classes VI–XII (CBSE syllabus)
2. Teachers-training programmes – CPREEC has been organizing workshops for school / college teachers, in order to integrate EE into the school curricula, in the states of Andhra Pradesh, Goa, Karnataka, Kerala, Maharashtra, Orissa, Pondicherry, Tamilnadu and the Andaman and Nicobar islands. This initiative has been in collaboration with the State Council of Education Research and Training (SCERT) and the District Institute of Education and Training (DIET).
3. Framing curriculum for Environmental Education – CPREEC has been actively involved and provided valuable inputs for developing the curriculum for environmental education in schools at the national as well as the state level.
1. Exhibitions, workshops, seminars and training programmes are regularly conducted by the centre in order to raise the level of environmental awareness among the masses, with special focus on youth, women and grass root-level organisations.
2. Publications in the form of books, booklets, pamphlets, posters are prepared and distributed.
3. Our ‘video-on-wheels’ travelled extensively to different parts of south India and presented audio-visual shows and lectures.