On 22nd April 2014 a book entitled “The Role of Judiciary in promoting Sustainable Development” compiled and edited by Dr. K.V.Swaminathan of Waterfalls Institute of Technology Transfer, Chennai was released by CPR Environmental Education Centre, Chennai by Justice M. Chokalingam, Justice S.Mohan received the first copy of the book. Dr. Nandita Krishna, Hon. Director of CPREEC welcome the gathering Prof. M.S.Swaminathan Chairman of CPREEC preside over the function and Shri N.R.Krishnan Former Secretary of MoEF proposed the vote of thanks.
The book consists of the following 14 chapters
1) Indian Constitution and pollution Laws
2) Environmental related offences
3) Process of Law in Sustainable development
4) Environmental Tribunals in India
5) Air water and Solid Waste Pollution
6) Protection of Water Bodies
7) Protection of Public places and Natural Resources
8) Protection of Forest and Wildlife
9) Sound Pollution
10) Pollution from Industrial Undertakings
12) Principles Related to Sustainable Development
13) Principles Emphasized by Indian judiciary
14) Conclusion-Judicial pronouncement Towards sustainable Development.